A character's or faction's ability to increase their capabilities significantly. Generally in the presence of sufficient time, resources and conditions.
Sometimes if shown to do so, one can do multi-tasking while making preparations and fighting as well.
- Education - Character can significantly increase the intellectual level in a short amount of time. The increase to their knowledge might be prove useful in the battle, for example: inventing of new techniques or styles of combat.
- Evolution - Character can evolve fast enough to increase attack, defense, speed or acquire new skills, or adapt to various external influences. The difference in strength between base form and evolved form must be significant.
- Technological Preparation - Character in regular state does not have much power, but with time and materials, is capable of creating artifacts of a much higher tier.
- Information Preparation - Character normally does not have great power, but gathers the necessary information which allows drastic self-empowering.
- Off Battle: Sometimes it is important for factions or characters to make preparations before or after a battle (The latter in case of a failure).
- During Battle: Sometimes a character or faction can cope with the chaos of battles and can somehow make preparations during the conflict.
- See the Dictionary how Preparation can fall under Prep-Time and/or Multi-Tasking.